We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.
- Age 7-12 years (see Age Guidelines)
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Early Drop-Off is available from 7:45 a.m.
- Cost: $380
- Group Size: 18 with two Taproot Teachers and a teenage Junior Leader
- Dates: 2020 Sapling Camp is offered each week from June 8 to August 21, except the week of July 6-10, when there will be no camp.
Register for 2020 Taproot Sapling Camp
2020 Sapling Camp will not include an overnight camp-out. It will still be a rich, nature-filled experience for children, guided by excellent teachers and surrounded by friendly kids in an atmosphere of Unconditional Positive Regard.
Many other things will stay the same, such as our outings to Maquoketa Caves State Park, Wildcat Den State Park, and nature-filled excursions to natural spaces near Iowa City.
The beginning and ending location of Sapling Camp is Scott Park in Iowa City.
The ages for all Taproot Programs are flexible guidelines rather than rigid rules. The Taproot teachers are happy to discuss with parents the individual capabilities and personalities of their children and decide upon the best camp, even if the child does not fall within the recommended age window.
Parents may drop off children at Happy Hollow between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. You can pre-register for early drop-off for the whole week for $20. "Drop-in" Early Drop-Off costs $5/day, billed after the camp week.