We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.
- Age 7-12 years (see Age Guidelines)
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Early Drop-Off is available from 7:45 a.m.
- Cost: $380
- Group Size: 18 with two Taproot Teachers and a teenage Junior Leader
- Dates: Sapling Camp is offered each week from June 10 to August 16
- There will be a short, 3-Day Sapling Camp week July 1-3, with no camp on Thursday, July 4 or Friday, July 5.
This is a summer of change for Taproot. Mainly, we no longer have Taproot Farm and 2019 Sapling Camp will not include an overnight. It will still be a rich, nature-filled experience for children, guided by excellent teachers and surrounded by friendly kids in an atmosphere of Unconditional Positive Regard.
Many other things will stay the same, such as our outings to Maquoketa Caves State Park, Backbone State Park, and nature-filled excursions to natural spaces near Iowa City.
The beginning and ending location of Sapling Camp is yet to be determined. It will almost certainly be either Happy Hollow Park or Scott Park, both in Iowa City.
The ages for all Taproot Programs are flexible guidelines rather than rigid rules. The Taproot teachers are happy to discuss with parents the individual capabilities and personalities of their children and decide upon the best camp, even if the child does not fall within the recommended age window.
Parents may drop off children at Happy Hollow between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. You can pre-register for early drop-off for the whole week for $20. "Drop-in" Early Drop-Off costs $5/day, billed after the camp week.